Search engines are constantly looking for ways to make their algorithms more efficient in order to enhance the way in which users search for and find the goods and services they need. Bing is one of the most popular search engines and has gained usage because of its easy-to-use local shopping features.
Bing Local helps offers geographical listings to help users find services near their location. The service also offers a number of helpful tidbits of information for your potential clients, including:
- Detailed business listings
- Scorecards for instant, easy-to-read reviews
- Search refinement options to find a destination perfect for whatever you are searching for
- One-click directions for the best route for your client
- Bing maps for a high-resolution bird’s eye view
So, what does this mean for small businesses?
It is imperative that small businesses setup a Bing Local listing in order to provide important information to your potential customers. Depending on the type of business you own, your Bing Local listing may display hours of operation, price estimates, parking availability, phone number, URL, directions, maps, and customer reviews.
How to Setup a Bing Listing
Setting up a Bing Local listing is easy and quick; Bing outlines the procedure in easy-to-follow directions:
- To begin, visit the Bing local listing center.
- Once you’re there, enter your business’ name, phone number, and address and create your profile.
- Next, upload as much text, links, and images as possible in the business fields. The more information you provide, the higher you will rank on Bing’s search engine results pages (SERPs). You can also add supplemental Web site links for increased relevance.
- Finally, verify your listing through your phone or snail mail.
With 4 easy steps, your business can have a Bing Local account, which will only increase your visibility online. Bing Local, like other search engine local listings helps you obtain solid Web presence and gives your potential customers more opportunities to become your paying clients.