On the 5th day of boot camp, my marketing expert told me: TEST YOUR CONTACT FORMS AND EMAIL LINKS
Customer service is marketing. If your website is going to be your most powerful marketing tool, it has to deliver a good customer experience. That means the portals through which existing and potential customers can contact you online have to work—all the time, every time.
You will never know what your customers may be experiencing unless you test your “contact us” capabilities yourself. It’s easy to do:
- Create a testing schedule—at least once per month
- Assign someone to complete the form on the Contact Us page of your website
- Before entering data, clear your browser history
- Fill in all fields and hit the button to submit the form
- Follow up with the person/email account to which form submissions are sent to make sure it was received
Of course, a working Contact Us form is useless if no one is checking the email where form submissions land. Make sure that an experienced customer service representative is checking this email multiple times each day and responding to and/or forwarding customer messages appropriately.
SonicSEO.com tests contact forms as part of our inclusive site maintenance. Contact us to learn more.