At this year’s PubCon conference, co-founder and COO of Outspoken Media, Rhea Drysdale presented useful information regarding how to be proactive in managing your online reputation. Many only worry about reputation management once a problem arises, but it’s important to be proactive in creating a favorable impression for your business on the Internet. Why?
- It takes up to 4 years for a brand to recover if its unfavorable attacks tarnish its reputation.
- 90% of consumers trust product/service reviews.
- 80% of adults will purchase a product or service based on a recommendation.
Knowing the top 10 things being said about your company online is critical in brand management. It allows you to defend your reputation by letting you respond to remarks made about your business. Create and maintain your top 10 impressions by considering the following 3 things:
1. Be Proactive in your PR: Be proactive in your public reputation with the following tools:
- Speak Positively: People tend to avoid the person whose glass is always half empty.
- Use Product Feeds: Submitting your products to popular ecommerce sites like Amazon can boost your credibility.
- Blogs: Blogs that contain interesting information related to your services and products gives you the chance to promote your business while contributing to the repository of public knowledge.
- Images and Videos: Videos and image creation function much like blogs in that they create visibility for your products/services while giving you the chance to discuss them.
- Press Releases: A press release can create widespread knowledge about your business, but its effects will usually only last for a few weeks.
- Books: A favorable comment about your business in a book creates high credibility.
2. Use Real Time Search Avenues: This refers to creating and maintaining a favorable online reputation within outlets such as:
- News Coverage
3. Audit Your Own Online Reputation: Regularly monitoring your reputation by searching social media networks, reviews and blogs for your name, brand products and services allows you to see and reply to what people are saying. You can’t maintain your reputation if you don’t know what’s being said. Be informed about your reputation with regular monitoring—and take action.
SonicSEO.com offers a wide range of digital marketing solutions including online reputation management. Contact us to learn more about how we can help increase your online business growth with our social media and online reputation management services today!