Visual appeal is a huge determinant of internet marketing success. In order to deliver solutions that help our clients grow their businesses, we have to deliver custom web designs that get attention, keep attention and direct customers’ actions. We need an experienced graphic designer to help us accomplish our mission.
The Ideal Web Designer
Our ideal candidate is both an artist and a deadline-driven professional, so we need someone who is:
- Creative—above all, you will need to create designs customized for every client’s unique combination of industry, niche, goals and personality
- Flexible and responsive—you will need to be able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines to keep projects moving forward and customers satisfied with the level of service they receive
- Team-minded—you will need to collaborate with internal and external partners to complete projects, so it is imperative that you listen and communicate effectively
As a company, we aim to support and cultivate our team’s talent, so you can expect teammates in yours and other departments to provide the timely feedback you need to do your job and continue honing your design skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a SonicSEO.com web designer you will:
- Create designs that communicate our marketing concepts and collaborate with product and marketing teams
- Create/edit web pages using web and other content management systems
- Assist partner departments with adding/editing content in the CMS
- Lead design-related client meetings to ensure clarity of project goals and objectives, as well as solicit client input
- Design responsive desktop, tablet and mobile website mockups
- Design a responsive CMS module/template
- Provide expert design recommendations to our clients and internal team
- Perform website code-outs and development within our CMS
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Track projects through the use of web-based project management software
We believe that everyone works best when expectations are clear and we have ensured you have the knowledge and tools you need to do your work. We invest the time to train you on all internal systems, procedures and protocols…and we welcome questions when new challenges or obstacles arise.
What You’ll Be Getting
SonicSEO.com offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Full health benefits—medical, dental and vision
- 401K with matching
- 3 weeks paid leave/year
Salary is dependent on experience.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
To be considered for the Web Designer position, you must have:
- BA/BS degree
- 3 years of professional design experience
- Experience with web design
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
We prefer candidates with:
- At least 5 years of professional design experience
- Credentials/verification of continuing education in topics related to the evolution of web design in mobile-, voice- and AI-driven environments
Other qualities we’re looking for never appear on a resume, like the drive and ability to learn from past successes and mistakes and effective performance as part of a team.
How to Apply
If you’re ready for a career that offers the opportunity to use your design skills and help grow local and regional businesses, then apply today.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you soon!