What do Facebook, Twitter, blogs and websites all have in common? Content! Images alone cannot help local and regional businesses increase leads and sales, so they need content to help them expand their reach. That’s where you come in…
Do you Facebook? Engage in the Twitterverse? Like to blog? You may have the skills we’re looking for to grow our content development team.
The Ideal Copywriter
The ideal candidate for our copywriting department is:
- Word-savvy—first and foremost, you have to have solid written and verbal communication skills to develop the content our clients need for their online marketing platforms
- Self-motivated—we want someone with the ability to prioritize and manage their own time to get projects done because micromanaging just isn’t our thing
- Career-minded—the role of copywriter is an entry-level position but there is a lot of room to grow as a content creator and social media manager
Copywriters work alongside our web designers and SEO specialists to ensure the marketing solutions we provide for our clients perform, so you will need to effectively collaborate with other departments, too.
What You’ll Be Doing
Web Writers create, edit and manage content for multiple clients and for a variety of purposes. Your daily tasks and responsibilities include:
- Producing original content for company websites, blogs and social media accounts that adheres to best practices of search engine optimization and internet marketing
- Engaging in social media message creation for the company and clients
- Managing Web writing projects for multiple clients, a process that entails:
- Interviewing clients
- Strategizing ways to meet client goals and objectives for web copy
- Setting deadlines
- Keeping clients up-to-date about the status of their copy
- Ensuring writing meets the marketing goals and objectives of the client/company
- Conducting necessary research to achieve an expert/authoritative voice as writing projects require
- Performing any other duties essential to website/blog/social media content development as directed
Teamwork is essential to customer satisfaction, so you will need to regularly communicate with each client’s customer service representative (liaison) about the client’s needs and project status.
What You’ll Be Getting
SonicSEO.com offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Full health benefits—medical, dental and vision
- 401K with matching
- 3 weeks paid leave/year
This is an entry-level position, but salary may be adjusted for writers with internet marketing copywriting experience.
Capable writers with no writing-for-the-web experience are encouraged to apply because we provide the training you need to effectively write for search engine optimization.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
To be considered for the Web Writer/Internet Marketing Copywriter position, you must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related field
- Familiarity with popular social media platforms, including (but not limited to):
We prefer candidates with:
- Master’s degree in English, journalism or related field
Other qualities we’re looking for never appear on a resume, like experience with customer service and the ability to collaborate within and beyond your department to meet customers’ needs.
How to Apply
If you’re ready for a career that makes use of your wordsmithing abilities to grow local and regional businesses and offers professional advancement opportunities, then apply today.
Send your resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you soon!