If you’ve never logged into your Google Analytics account (which every SonicSEO.com client has), your eyes may glaze over at all the information about your website presented on one screen (that, in truth, leads to many more screens full of information). Google Analytics tabulates information about human behavior on your website. SonicSEO.com uses that information to adapt your marketing strategy for best online visibility and conversion.
Key Data Points from Google Analytics
As we said before, Google Analytics tracks everything from website loading speed to each unique visitor’s* time on page. To examine what each tab, chart or metric means could fill a book. To keep it short and simple here, we’re going to focus on two main aspects of website performance:
Google Analytics helps us see how human users are navigating through your website. Behavior flow information can tell us:
• Where users entered your site
(Not everyone comes in through the “front door”—i.e. home page. Organic search results may direct new visitors to your site with links to your “Services” page or a specific product page within your ecommerce shopping cart.)
• Where users navigated from their point of entry
• How long users spent on each page
• Which page users bounced from (left) your website
Behavior flow data can help us locate pages that are performing well in search engines (and see what keyword phrases or other SEO strategies may contribute to that success), so that we can apply it to more pages (if appropriate). Behavior flow can also tell us where users experience confusion and/or lack of interest that an exit.
Google Analytics provides information that can help quantify how successful your website is at converting† viewers to leads or customers. Key data points include:
• Number of contact form submissions vs. contact form landings
• Number of completed sales
• Number of abandoned shopping carts
Conversion information can identify sticking points in the sales process or help identify high (and low) performing products or categories.
What We Do with Google Analytics Data
SonicSEO.com does not collect data for data’s sake. We use it to make your website better. How we do that depends on what the data says, but some possibilities include:
• Design changes to make the website or specific web pages more appealing
• Design/architecture changes that alter navigation to enhance ease-of-use
• Content updates to target new keyword phrases and/or change the tone of the marking message
• Link building to enhance SEO performance of specific pages
When it comes to search engine performance of individual web pages or your website as a whole, we often implement changes we think are necessary…especially if they are “back end” changes that only affect how the bots index the pages. Sometimes, though, we may call you for a marketing strategy consultation session.
If our marketing experts identify lagging performance or user behavior that may best be addressed by rebranding or more aggressive campaign, we may suggest other changes to your marketing strategy, such as:
• Adding a pay-per-click campaign to enhance search engine visibility
• Reconfiguring your ecommerce platform to make it more intuitive and user-friendly
• Adding or ramping up social media marketing efforts
SonicSEO.com takes the lead in developing and maintaining your online marketing strategy. You are, of course, welcome to take a more active role. Please contact us for assistance in interpreting your Google Analytics data so that you can more proactively adapt your online marketing campaigns.