What comes to mind when you hear the term “Link Ninja”? You might think of a person in black stealthily moving from roof to roof with sword in hand ready to carry out top-secret missions, but this is not what we are talking about.
A link ninja is one of the most vital personnel members belonging to a team of SEO experts. This highly valuable person is responsible for obtaining quality links to and from your site in order to build its credibility in the eyes of the major search engines for ranking purposes.
What Does a Link Ninja Do?
Link ninjas must be skilled and clever to complete their linking tasks. Some of their main job duties and responsibilities include:
- Creating and implementing link building strategies to get high quality link-recommendations for your website
- Requesting links from highly reputable sources within your niche market in order to boost your credibility amongst both consumers and search engines
- Submitting your website to popular/high-traffic web directories
- Adding and/or deleting links on assigned websites
- Creating buzz about your company, services and products via blogs and popular forums within your niche market
- Developing relationships online with webmasters, bloggers, etc.
- Maintaining detailed documentation about specific activities
Links to your website from reputable sites act as high quality recommendations. The major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing like to promote sites with quality links in their organic results and consumers have a tendency to purchase services and goods from companies that seem credible.
Link building helps you achieve status amongst the people who matter—the search engines and consumers. With strategic link building, link ninjas can help send wanted traffic to your site through quality incoming links.
With their skill and knowledge, link ninjas are irreplaceable in Search Engine Optimization. Without quality link building, your site can potentially end up being just another glanced-over website. Word of mouth is still one of the best forms of marketing and since the Internet is primarily a visual/text information platform, link building is the closest thing you will get to high quality recommendations from the most reputable names in your field of business.