Your Med Spa is carefully designed. From the color scheme to the furniture to ambient sounds, temperature, and aromas…you’ve put a lot of thought into every detail. Your website shouldn’t be any different.
Here are several factors to consider that can help make a visit to your website as pleasant as a visit to your Med Spa, and turn it into the effective marketing tool it should be:
- Content for people – This is what visitors to your site will read. All the information you want to give them needs to be presented in a clear, easy-to-read fashion. You don’t want too many words, as people want to find what they are looking for quickly. And you don’t want too few, or it can look like you don’t have much to offer.
- Content for spiders – What? No, not the icky 8-legged spiders. Spiders are what search engines use to crawl the web. In order to get high search engine rankings, which are crucial if people are going to find your website, your content has to include the keyword phrases people actually use when doing web searches. And these phrases have to be incorporated naturally and unobtrusively. Your content is always doing two jobs at once: appealing to potential clients and appealing to the search engines.
- Navigation and Architecture – The layout of your site is nearly as important as your content. Visitors need to be able to navigate quickly from page to page without getting lost. Navigation buttons should be clearly labeled and easy to find. Every page should be no more than one or two clicks away from any other. Navigation should be intuitive; just like with content, people need to find what they want fast!
- Consistency – Your Med Spa website should establish your identity. Site visitors should know at all time that they are on your site, so don’t change color schemes, fonts, backgrounds, or layout from page to page. Keep navigation buttons in the same place; do the same for contact information, page headings, and so on. Sudden changes in layout from page to page can be jarring—not the emotional state you want to create for potential clients!
- Pictures and Images – Pictures and images can be wonderful enhancements for a Med Spa website; in fact, an all-text website can be awfully dull. But you don’t want to get too graphics-intensive. This can slow load times and make your page look cluttered. Choose the images you use carefully, make sure they are relevant to the rest of the content on the page, and that they work with the overall theme or design of the site.
- Contact information – In some ways this is the most important consideration of all. As a Med Spa, you won’t get a penny from people who only visit your website. They need to visit the spa itself. Make it easy for them to find where you are located, what your phone number is, and contact you online. A contact form to make appointments online is a great tool that can help you seal the deal and bring clients from the web to your door.
To be effective, search engine marketing for Med Spas has to take all these factors and more into account—and everything is closely interwoven. Copywriting, search engine optimization (SEO), web design, link building and even social media management are all vitally important. At SonicSEO.com, we can help you with a wide range of services to turn the web into an effective marketing tool for your Med Spa.
Call SonicSEO.com today at 888-437-3737 and see how you can get more clients from the Web!